With work, social lives, staying in shape and trying to find a spare moment to take a few deep breaths, there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get dolled up like a Kardashian. But then again, LESS IS MORE! All you really need is a paired-down daily regimen that enhance’s your OWN natural beauty. When personalizing your health and beauty routine, these makeup musts are everything you need to know at a glance.
1. Overzealous tweezing can lead to barely-there, balding brows. So, stop plucking! Keep unruly brows looking polished with clear brow gel. Dab highlighter directly under the brow bone for an instant eye-lift.
2. Want to look well rested (even when you barley slept a wink)? Avoid piling on the foundation. Instead, use a tinted moisturizer followed by a cream blush. This will keep your skin looking dewy and fresh.
3. When it comes to blemishes, it’s all about color correction. For example, orange-tinged concealers counteract blueish under-eye circles. A mint-green concealer hides the redness of a pimple. The idea is that concealers act as neutralizers. Remember concealer is mostly made of pigment so a little goes a long way.
4. Make your face look slimmer. Apply a taupe powder blush into the hollows of your cheeks, just beneath your cheekbones. Be sure to blend well in an upwards motion so there are no visible lines.
5. To keep eye shadow from creasing, the key is to eliminate as much oil as possible from your lids. Start by applying an eye shadow primer to clean lids before applying color.
6. Pucker up! When your lips look small, the best way to plump up your pout is to dab a shimmery gloss just in the middle of your lower lip on top of your lipstick.
7. To sop up oil and refresh your makeup, lightly mist your face with a toner like Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe. Finish with a dusting of loose, translucent powder.
8. To minimize your makeup bag, pack only the essentials: moisturizer for luminous skin, rehydrating elixir to refresh your makeup, oil-blotting papers to mattify your T-zone, blush, lipstick, and mascara.
9. For sexy, smoky eyes, stay away from blue hues, which can give the illusion of under-eye circles. Instead, opt for shades of black, gray or brown. If you want “color”, try dark green shadows and liners.
10. Take your makeup off every night before going to bed. No excuses! Start with your eye makeup first and then the rest of your face.
Clara Isabella is a featured Fashion & Beauty contributor and a well known makeup artist who has been featured on Refinery29 and Touchpuppet, as well as on NBC’s Thread | NY. For more about her click here for her full bio and all of her articles!
- Share this: