Wouldn’t it be awesome to have your own, personal makeup artist come with an airbrush machine to apply your makeup every morning? Well, guess what? With the right tools and techniques, you don’t need one. Behold the BeautyBlender! This is a makeup kit staple that makes me seem like a magician on set. The BeautyBlender is a non-latex, hypoallergenic, mystery of modern science that is used to flawlessly smooth on foundation or tinted moisturizer. With its ability to sheer out makeup to perfection, it’s clear to see why the BeautyBlender is a cult favorite among makeup artists and celebrities alike. Even in areas around the nose and under the eye, this durable, suede-like sponge perfectly applies and blends liquid, powder, mineral, pressed or cream foundation. Best of all, its hot pink and shaped like a little egg! It’s just amazing on so many levels.
Here’s the scoop:
- Use damp, not dry. Wet the sponge and squeeze out any excess water as it expands in size.
- Apply makeup with your BeautyBlender in a stippling motion. This will blend makeup without creating changes in the texture of your skin. You can also roll the sponge in a side-to-side manner to blend the product. Just be sure not to rub or “drag” as you would with a traditional wedge sponge.
- Use the pointed tip of the “egg” for hard-to-reach spots like around the nose and under the eyes. Use the round base for foundation and blush on the larger areas of your face such as your forehead and cheeks. The BeautyBlender is great for applying cream blush too!
- If you have problem skin, the BeautyBlender also works well to conceal blemishes and trouble spots. Apply a tiny amount of product using the pointed end and work into areas needing extra coverage with a “stipple and twist” motion. This will feather out the product leaving you with a perfect finish.
- To clean, wet the BeautyBlender and apply a dime-sized amount of BlenderCleanser or gentle baby shampoo to soiled areas of the sponge. Lather in your hand and rinse until clean. Squeeze to remove excess water and lay on a clean towel to dry. Your BeautyBlender can last for three to four months with proper care and daily cleaning.
- Generate good karma and do your part to help the environment by recycling your BeautyBlender. BlenderSender is the recycling program for discarded BeautyBlenders.
To find a retailer in your area or to find out more about the BlenderSender recycling program, visit www.beautyblender.net
- Share this: