This “recipe” is more like a simple formula for enjoying ultimate veggie goodness. You can mix and match a variety of differentveggies based on whatever you have in the house. It takes all of 5 minutes to prep and you’ll have a rainbow of delicious home cooked vegetables that will last all week long. Get creative, get inspired, but don’t get full on those delicious candied walnuts before the veggies are done roasting. Mmmm mmmm.
**ALL OF THE VEGGIES ARE OPTIONAL. MIX AND MATCH AS YOU WISH**
- * squash (delicata, acorn, kabocha, butternut, zucchini, summer squash or other), chopped
- * Potatoes, any kind including sweet, chopped
- * Onion, diced
- * Carrot, Parsnip or Turnip chopped
- * Brussel sprouts
- * Pre-cooked beets
- * 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 2 teaspoons Rosemary (optional)
- * 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
* Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350
Chop all veggies and place them in a baking dish or tray. Mix together so the oil, salt, pepper and garlic are evenly distributed.
Cover the tray/dish with foil and bake for 30 mins, uncover and continue cooking for 15-30 minutes until soft.
Meanwhile combine all of the ingredients for the walnuts and toast (I use the toaster oven) lightly. Careful not to let the nuts burn, but you also want the maple syrup to bubble then harden.
Garnish the roasted veggies with toasted walnuts for a delicious vegi-tastic treat read more →