In the upcoming week, I am going to be in a very uncomfortable yet comfortable and familiar situation. Have you ever experienced a situation like this? Feelings of anxiety and nervousness start to creep into your body and your mind can snowball into thoughts of fear and doubt. Whatever situation you are in you can perceive it as either good or bad, right or wrong, comfortable or uncomfortable ~ ultimately it is your choice on how you want to perceive the situation.
I have learned that every situation that we encounter is a chance for us to learn, grow and love. Over the past week I have been using the following 4 tips in order to get comfortable with being uncomfortable in my current situation. While you might have used these tips before; when you apply them to a situation in your life where you are uncomfortable and want to become more comfortable these tips (if you put them into action) will increase your peace of mind and decrease your anxiety. (more…) read more →
There are and will always be two places where you can operate from: fear or love. Where you choose to operate from can set the course of your entire life. The topic mindset is often discussed in regards to how to shift from negative to positive. But the truth is, the issue isn’t so much so about being positive versus being negative. The issue, in my opinion, is about allowing ourselves to feel whatever we are feeling. The more we resist negative thoughts (because they are “bad”) the more they will persist. Congruently, the more we force ourselves to think positively even when we aren”t feeling great, the worse we feel. This back and forth between “I can’t but I must” is what causes internal conflict.
What do you feel when you read that word?
Let’s be clear about what commitment is. According to Merriam-Webster, commitment is defined as a pledge or promise. For some, commitment has become somewhat of a dirty word. Often times it implies obligation filled with “shoulds,” “have to,” and “musts.” I’m inviting you to take on a new attitude about commitment. Consider, for a moment, that the problem, or the angst that you may feel isn’t a result of the word itself but rather, what you are committed to. For example, if what you are committed to is peace, happiness, contribution, and kindness, the word takes on a completely different perspective.
In a seminar several years ago I heard the speaker read a quote that said ‘The world moves out of the way for him/her who knows where they are going’. I’m unsure of the author but several years later I still remember the quote and how it moved me to tears.
Imagine the world moving out of the way for an idea or goal that you have. Imagine being able to achieve the perceived impossible. Imagine the unlimited possibilities if your mind, heart and skills are aligned in one goal.
What could you achieve? What would you make possible that seemed impossible?
A person that has a wealthy mind set brings their dreams into reality, always gets what they want, never judges or criticizes others and understands the underlying truth of life that our purpose is to fulfil the highest expression of our true self as human beings here on planet earth. A person with a wealthy mind set does not believe in lack because they understand the laws of the universe they understand that everything and everyone is energy and that if they align themselves mind, body and soul in the pursuit of joy they will receive it in abundance.
The media has a hold on society very often conveying bad news, talking about fear, destruction, famine, recessions, war and illness.
If you are tuned into these frequencies remembering that everything is energy your mind, body and soul will be out of alignment with your pursuit of joy and with your goal of fulfilling the highest expression of your true self.
You will always be able to easily spot a person with a wealthy mind set because whenever they enter a room it is as if a light has been turned on, when they speak you feel the words touch you and move you to think. They add increase to the lives of the people around them and you will notice that the people that they associate with are of the same wealthy mind set.
The question you may be asking is right now is ‘well how can I tap into this source of wealth? How can I have a wealthy mind set?’
The answer is inside you, as woowoo as it sounds you hold the keys to your exciting future. Somewhere inside of you maybe hidden behind years frustrations lay the answers.
However here are some practical steps to tap into the inner source of wealth:
1. Stop watching the news. The law of attraction says that what you focus on you get. You may say that you just want to be kept informed of worldwide events but my question would be why you want to fill your mind with fear, destruction, famine, recessions, war and illness?
2. Get a piece of paper and divide it into two columns on one left write down any activities or habits that you are going to stop doing that make you unhappy and on the right hand side right how a list of activities and habits that you are going to start doing. I can’t take all the credit for this as Danielle Laporte wrote a blog about creating a stop and start list.
3. Go to the book store and get a nice plan journal (A4 Size) and start adding things that you want. Cut out pictures from magazines, print out pictures from the internet and when you are out and about take pictures on your phone and print them off and add them to your book. This is something that I have been practicing for years and let me tell you it work! If you don’t want to use a book you can stick pictures on your wall also, just make sure it’s in your daily view.
4. Part of a wealthy mind set is being thankful. Every day before you leave your bed and every night before you fall asleep list everything that you are thankful for. Be truly thankful from the heart.
5. Run away from misery. If you ever are talking to a friend or a family member on the phone and then start complaining, politely end the call. Remember that everything and everyone is energy and as you are hearing negativity you start to focus and then experience negativity. Think of it like this if you have a naked candle in the middle of a windy street within seconds it will blow out. But if you put a case over the candle it will stay alight. Don’t let anyone take your light.
6. Before you do anything check in with yourself. Whenever you are offered anything also ask the internal question ‘does this make me feel good?’ 9/10 you will get a clear no or yes answer. Don’t say yes when you want to say no.
I hope you enjoyed this post and please ask me any questions in the comment box so I can help you on your financial journey! read more →