Mental health is a state of psychological and social well-being, in which a person realizes his capabilities, effectively resists life’s difficulties and stress, carries out productive, conscious activities and contributes to the society development.
First of all, this is realized due to the stable, adequate functioning of the psyche, as well as the main mental cognitive processes: memory, attention, thinking.
The World Health Organization said mental disorders affect about 12% of the world’s population – approximately 450 million, or 1 out of 4 people worldwide, suffer from mental illness.
Mental health indicators are:
Factors that destroy the human mental health:
- harmful effects of the environment;
- physical illness;
- genetically programmed behaviors;
- various addictions and addictions;
- bad habits such as alcohol, smoking, drugs.
All these factors are capable of influencing people in one form or another, causing ssevere disease.
How is mental health characterized?
- Ability to build relationships with other people. These relationships are mostly positive and trusting. This category also includes the ability to love – to accept a person as he is.
- Desire and ability to work. This is not only a professional activity, but also creativity, a contribution to society. To create what is valuable for the person himself, his family, society.
- The ability to “play”. A game is a fairly broad concept in relation to an adult. It includes: free use of metaphors, allegories, humor – playing with symbols; dance, singing, sports, some types of other creativity – to be not an outside observer, but an active player.
- Autonomy. A healthy person does not do what he does not want. He independently makes a choice and is responsible for it.
- Understanding ethical standards. To be aware of the meaning and the need to follow them. However, a person is flexible in this regard – in certain circumstances, he can afford to change the line of behavior (within reason).
- Emotional stability. It is expressed in the ability to endure the emotions – to feel them, not allowing them to control a personal mind. In all circumstances, be in contact with the mind.
- Flexibility in the use of protective mechanisms. Each person is faced with unfavorable life circumstances and uses the means of its protection. A healthy person chooses effective methods and in different situations makes a choice in favor of the most suitable one.
- Mindfulness, or, in other words, mentalization. A mentally healthy person sees the difference between true feelings and others’ imposed attitudes, he is able to analyze his reactions to the words of another.
- The ability to reflect. In time to address yourself, analyze the reasons for certain events in your own life, understand how to live further.
- Adequate self-esteem. Realistic self-esteem, self-perception of oneself according to actual character traits and characteristics, real understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the character.
How to maintain your mental health and bella life?
- Proper nutrition;
- Physical activity;
- Accept your feelings;
- Manage your emotions;
- Know your weak points;
- Develop your talents and interests;
- Learn to make pleasant surprises for loved ones;
- Learn to smile;
- Overcome addictions;
- Stress tolerance;
- Change the way of thinking.
- Important aspects of our bella life are:
- if possible, protect yourself from negative information – stop watching touching shows, communicate with negative people, etc.
- look for positive aspects in the surrounding circumstances;
- stop criticizing;
- do not succumb to despondency, no matter how difficult the circumstances are;
- not to compare yourself with anyone else;
- positively perceive life in all its manifestations.
Keep in mind that positive thinking is based not so much on the events of the surrounding world as on the reaction to them.
5 rules of mentally health persion
Do only what you want
Do what you want from work to personal life. The combination of logical and emotional intelligence will help you in making a decision much more than advice from friends or stories from the Internet – you will still do it your way. The psychologist believes that a healthy person naturally cannot have “non-ecological” thoughts that traumatize the feelings of other people.
Not doing what you don’t want to do
If you don’t like the idea of running in the morning or working from the office – why do that? Any situation can be changed in a positive way. True, this will require your time and participation: you will have to study additionally, come up with alternative options, build your own image and work out many other factors. If you’re ready for this, go for it!
Immediately talk about what you don’t like
It’s scary to imagine how many relationships have collapsed because of the banal shyness of partners. We often think that in our words we can offend or anger a loved one. True, these beliefs almost always have nothing to do with reality. Think for yourself, not for another. Make it clear that you don’t like the person’s ability to solve the problem or explain to you why they don’t want to change anything.
Not answering when not asked
Unsolicited advice infuriates absolutely everyone, even if it is expressed in a positive way. The habit of teaching how to raise children, distributing money. If a person is interested in your opinion, he will openly ask about it. Self-activity, in this matter, is a bad habit, which is better for everyone to get rid of.
Answer only a question
You’ve probably seen humorous scenes in the movies where the mother says to the child: “What have you done?” Then he begins to explain that he did not want to break the vase. You do not need to answer more than you were asked, and comment on the whole situation or put forward accusations against the questioner. By following this principle, you will noticeably reduce the number of conflicts with others.